We’re hiring! Water and wastewater utilities across California need talented, hard working professionals to help keep our water clean and healthy.
This interview is with Steve Hernandez is the founder of Water Wise Pro and has 18 years of experience in the water sector. Steve is an expert in the sector and coaches many young water professionals on how to get ready for their certification exam and how to succeed in this profession. Listen to Steve, he’s got some great advice!
Check out the Water Wise Pro Instagram:
Interviewer: Alec Mackie, Director of Communications and Marketing for CWEA.
Have questions about water jobs? Ask us in the comments section! We’ll find an expert to answer your question.
To get started in our sector all you need is a high school diploma. Learn how to get into the water profession at http://www.CAWaterJobs.org
~~ Love the water profession? Give us a like! And hey – please subscribe so you’re notified when new career interviews are posted! ~~
Topics and websites mentioned:
1) Know your skill set – https://youtu.be/MasWyIzY9bw?t=3m12s
2) Build relationships – https://youtu.be/MasWyIzY9bw?t=4m11s
3) Get your education and get your certification – https://youtu.be/MasWyIzY9bw?t=8m12s
– State Water Board Office of Operator Certification – https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/operator_certification/
– CWEA Certifications – https://www.cwea.org/cert.shtml
4) Learn and exercise what you learn – https://youtu.be/MasWyIzY9bw?t=14m26s
5) Work at the level above you – https://youtu.be/MasWyIzY9bw?t=15m12s
Thank you to our Work for Water outreach partners:
Help support this project:
California-Nevada American Water Works Association – https://ca-nv-awwa.org/
California Water Environment Association – http://www.cwea.org
Suggest a California water professional to interview – email@example.com